Custom design , 3D printing, electrical repair.
I have been experimenting with printing a viable air pump to use to boost engines.
I will document my experiments here , as well as link my you tube videos.
Currently working on this as an easier to print air pump .
Testing and asembily .
After testing I discovered there was a lot of room for improvement, Its loud witch cost energy , so i enlarged the ports , stiffened the housing ,as well as made provisions to use heat set nuts , opposed to tapping the plastic.
The updated rotors ,I went from 4 lobes back to 2 lobes. I also designed nylon seals for the rotors.
I have updated the seals on the shafts as well as gaskets and bolt circles on the housing and covers.
I attempted to make the gears from nylon, but in practice the D shaft drive on the shaft ended up distorting the whole and messed with the timing of the rotors.
My first attempt at a roots blower, it ended up moving a decent amount of air , but wouldn't hold any pressure while deadheaded.
First test of , powered by a 24v motor and a belt drive used to gear the drive up for more rpm .